The original scope was to remove the existing 30-year old lift and provide a new Material Lift, however it was later recommended by Pace that the best solution was to provide a vertical reciprocating conveyor. The project challenge was to provide a lift that would allow moving stacks of plywood from the lower delivery area to the wood shop in the safest and most efficient manner.
Pace Material Handling partnered with the University of Washington, with assistance from Pflow Industries to provide an automated VRC, including the lift equipment, automated conveyor, and controls.
- Pflow Series 21 Vertical Reciprocating Conveyor System
- Carriage 8’-9” x 6’-10” with powered roller conveyor and light curtains
- 21’ travel from lower level to upper
- 4,000 lbs. lifting capacity
- Controls to run forward or reverse
- Controls automated for safety and efficiency of material handling
Pace acted as the general contractor, providing all removal, repair of shaftway, equipment installation, electrical wiring, and painting for a brand new look!